Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Wish List - Canon L Lenses

One wide angle lens: Either the 17-40 or 16-35. I’ll be trying out the 17-40 at tomorrow’s photo shoot at the park.

One medium range lens: Either the 24-70 or 24-105. The 24-70 is a sweet lenses. It’s fast (2.8) so can perform in low light settings such at wedding receptions. The 24-105 is an F4 but it has IS (which the 24-70 doesn’t). This will help with my carpol tunnel syndrome, but can it perform well in low light?

One telephoto lens: The 70-200 2.8…hands down. I have the 70-200 4.0 with no IS (didn’t sell IS at the time I got my lenses). Amazing glass, but without IS or 2.8, the lenses is hard for me to use. I’ll be taking the 100-400 to the park tomorrow to shoot three kids, but the 100-400 isn’t practical for wedding photography. The 70-200 will suffice. This is a no brainer purchase for me.

And of course, my dream camera body is the 5D Mark II. There’s no rebates, and orders are being placed at pro stores.


Thanks to Krad and Cheryl for lending me their collection of L lens while I’ve been in L.A. Their monopod, crumpler bag, gary fong lamps, and a laptop too (so I could take a class on Photoshop & Lightroom.) You guys are the best. Thanks for entrusting me with thousands of dollars worth of equipment.

No comments: