Friday, October 3, 2008

My $2 Yoga Class


It's so good to get back to practicing yoga again. I was pleasantly surprised by the rigor of the class I'm taking--at $2/class I didn't know what to expect. Surprisingly I found that I was tired after only 1/3 of the way done of the 1.5 hour class. This class is no introductory level class--it is quite intense. The students are already familiar with the poses and the teacher pushes us hard and fast. I was pleasantly surprised and know that I will return week after week. The instructor is trained in Iyengar, the school of yoga that I was trained in so this was an added plus for me. My body will be sore tomorrow, I’m sure, but it hasn’t felt this good since I was practicing in LA.

For more info see: State of Hawaii Adult Education ClassesKaimuki High School

Yoga classes are usually the first to fill up. Participants line up at 7am in the morning on the first day of registration to ensure enrollment (registration starts at 8am). People in Hawaii are nuts in this way, but I guess when resources are limited people get eager!

No comments: