Monday, December 8, 2008

Fashion Photography & Studio Lighting

Last Tuesday and Saturday I took two helpful photography classes in Irvine.

Saturday's class focused on Fashion photography and involved learning to pose models, the use of negative space created by arms and legs, and how to use lighting to capture mood and drama. To accomplish the latter we used three, two and once lighting sources. It was a fun half day adventure.

On Tuesday I learned the basics of soft boxes, umbrellas, the grill, power sources, backgrounds, and remotes. We learned simple set ups to create Rembrandt shadows on the face, background lighting, and simple studio lighting set ups.

I'm looking forward to my two portrait photography shoots tomorrow night and Thursday where I'll put into these lessons into practice!

No comments: