Sunday, November 29, 2009

fallen leaves (poem)


My fingers lace tightly around the smooth ceramic
cup of steaming camomilie tea
brewing gently to whisper a subtle aroma
of mint and orange infusion
As the crisp morning air beams on my rosy cheeks
and I huddle in a soft wool knit sweater
smiling at the enterance of Fall
in California I’ve missed twice over
Where days like today my spirit is renewed
and my heart delights in the small moments of beauty
When warm sunlight glistens on golden amber and cardinal leaves
and kids in red peacoats padded with bright colored scarves
kick fallen leaves on small town sidewalks
and laugh carelessly in play.
I welcome the climate’s mildly changing seasons
and it’s quiet reminder of time passing
the ebbs and flows
of the sacred rhythym of life.

No comments: