Monday, March 9, 2009

Continuing to Blog

I attended a conference a couple of weeks ago--on Technology and Ministry--which has impacted my decision to re-engage in my blogging endeavors.

Workshop topics included social media (e.g. Twitter, FaceBook, etc), website building, brand marketing, and such. (More on the conference later)

I thought to stop blogging to refrain from put energy out into the world, in hopes of keeping energy nestled inside. Yet, I've come to re-appreciate the impact and role of social media in the 21st century. I also realize that as a true "Maven" I'd be denying myself great joy if I wasn't able to share cool things in life (ideas, cool finds & interesting FAQs) with the world. Authentic living for me still means that the maven in me needs to be set free. (For more on Mavens and 3 types of influential people read "The Tipping Point.")

So though I continue to blog, my primary focus in this life season will remain the same--to be a loving person, to live in grace, and to extend love and grace to others well. I hope that you'll continue to journey with me at mainlandgirl.com! {mahalo}

No comments: