Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Kimono Festival

Sharon, Naoko and I attended the Kimono Fashion Show at the Japanese Cultural Center in Honolulu. 86 people from Japan flew out just to participate in this cultural exchange. The room was packed with around 200 attendees (more than was expected), and never before seen dressings of the imperial kimonos were shown as well as obi-tying choreographed to music, and contemporary obi's (tied in a hibiscus for example).

After the show, the 3 of us feasted at the Big Greek Cafe. Took 50 minutes and three attempts to find parking. The outdoor setting was quaint and I almost forgot I was in Kaimuki. The food was good too(until the mouse and cockroaches came out).



This was my first time using my Canon 50mm 1.8 lens. Only turned on the Canon EX580 flash at the last 5 minutes.

No comments: