Monday, July 14, 2008

Asian Clad Jeans - "Fortune Denim"

During my last trip to Maui, I walked around my favorite town of Paia and found found a boutique in that carried this fabulous new demin line: Fortune Denim ($270).

Love the Asian Accents: Silver Asian rivets and button in-lay with 24 Swarovski crystals; Satin lined pockets using fabric from the Chinese chi-pao;
A personal fortune cookie label sewn into the inner waistband of each jean

What Else I Love:
The denim material is super soft and I personally like the "Karen" cut (bootcut). I appreciate the story of the designer, Karen, a 30-something Chinese American woman from Texas who excelled in school through college and who later chose to follow her passions combining ethnic culture, fashion and entrepreneurship. Way cool!

Celebrities Who Wear the Jeans:
Jennifer Aniston, Cameron Diaz, Teri Hatcher, Demi Moore, and Paris Hilton among others.


Where to Get It:
Nuage Blu | Paia, Hawaii
Fred Segal | Santa Monica, California
Blitz | Vail, Colorado

http://www.fortunedenim.com/

No comments: