Friday, January 8, 2016

Star Wars-Samurai Warrior Collection


I always thought the cross between Japanese samurai warriors and Star Wars characters would be a good mix, and so was thrilled to see these collectible figures being released this year. 

I was looking for a birthday gift for my brother and found a few online sites that are taking pre-orders. Apparently the first version of Darth Vader and the Storm Trooper figures were released in Nov 2015; a second Vader (with Death Star helmet( and Stormtropper (with Taiko drum) will be released in June 2016. The popular Bobafett is being released in a few days, Jan 15th. The Sandtrooper and Royal Guard can be pre-ordered now for a later Spring 2016 release. 

Bobafett in geta slippers, an Asian-eyed Vader helmet, samurai swords instead of guns and lightsabers, and fine details on the armor and accessories. I'm no Star Wars geek but I'm liking this Samurai series very much--considering getting the collection for myself...well, maybe just a figure or two. Perhaps if they come out with a Samurai Leia.


No comments: