Sunday, February 13, 2011
Ululani - Best Shave Ice + February Free-bee
Reasons why I like Ululani over others (matsumoto/aoki/waiola/etc):
- Ice is shaved fine
- They punch holes in the ice so the syrup flows through
- They give free added syrup if the bottom of your cone is dry and flavorless
- They provide a special plastic shave-ice stand to help support your table eating efforts
- They give you a punch card (buy 10 shave ice, get one free)
- They have a range of flavors from tropical, to tiger blood, to red velvet
- The workers have the aloha spirit
- Convenient locations
The lines are long but the wait is worth it. I like picking guests up from the Kahului airport and driving down Dairy Road straight to the Ululani stand (shack looking place on the corner of Dairy Road/Hana Hwy). Here you can eat under the patio shade at the neighboring restaruant tables (Ululani makes this permissible). There is also the orginal shop in Lahaina if you are staying in the Kaanapali/Kapalua side of Maui.
For the month of February get a free add-on to every shave ice order! Now that's a treat on top of a treat! Tanks eh, Ululani!
Where it's at: