Monday, February 15, 2010

Google 466453



As I've confessed before, I'm a google-girl. Appreciate their technology-forward contributions and philosophy of global-tech democratization.

I've been using their handy google text service alot lately. Just send a text message with a business or company name in 3 seconds you will receive the address and phone number.

(yes, count it out loud "one one thousand, two...")

It's quick and easy!

Here's the number to text: G-O-O-G-L-E (or type in the respective key pad phone numbers: 466453)

For example, I was recently driving to my favorite Honolulu furniture store, Inspiration, but wasn't sure if the store hours had closed. I didn't have the store's phone number so I pulled over to the side of the road and typed the words "inspiration honolulu" unto a text message and sent it to the recipent "466453". In 3 seconds, I received a text message back providing me with the store name, store address, and store phone number. I was able then able to quickly call Inspiration to confirm their store hours and get back on the road.

Just think of it like doing a google search on your computer--but on your cell phone. It just costs the price of a text message (free, 10, 20 or 25 cents depending on your provider). All you need to do is type in key words for google to do it's search: (e.g. store name, city, zip, and such).

I stored the 466453/Google number in my cell phone and use it whenever I need store directions/hours/customer service and don't have access to the internet or am on the road!

This google service is available with many of the major cell phone network carriers: AT&T, Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile, Celluar, Verizon Wireless and Virgin Mobile (and more).


Mahalo to Ace for passing along this super helpful tip!

1 comment:

holly said...

What a great tip. Mahalo.

I am going to the islands in Oct and don't plan to bring my laptop or gps.