Friday, February 13, 2009

Garlic & Rosemary Crackers

So it's around 1am and I'm hard at work, opting for a midnight snack. I go to the pantry to try out this box of crackers I just bought---YUM! It's a low fat cracker with roasted garlic and rosemary.

I have to say, I am pleasantly pleased with the cracker. I wondered if the rosemary would be too strong...sometimes it's too perfumey in breads or not ground up enough in other dishes. But here it's just the right touch...not too much, not too little. Just a scent of rosemary on your tastebuds. The garlic is very light but complementary overall.

Though I haven't tried it this way, I can imagine this cracker going well with a light crab dip or a thin layer of smoke salmon topped with a dollop of creme fraiche. I tried it with hummus tonight--it's all I had--and the hummus overpowers the unique cracker flavor.

Let me know what you think and if you have other pairing suggestions.

No comments: