Saturday, October 11, 2008

WiFi Places to Eat & Work

Honolulu is not like the OC, where it's almost common place to find free WiFi at malls, outdoor shopping plazas and eateries. Here, one must hunt high and low to find access to free internet availability. Here are a couple unexpected places that I like to simultaneously eat & work at:

Cafe Laufer, Kaimuki Great pastries, warm gourmet sandwiches, and cherry blossom themed decor make this place a delight to eat at. It's a cross between a cafe in Paris and Japan, leaving me to often feel unsettled in this space. Nonetheless, weekdays during the daytime are not crowded and a great place for free WiFi. Just turn on your computer and you'll be automatically connected.

Teddy's Burger, Hawaii Kai Yup, I'm here right now blogging away over a Veggie burger which is actually moist and filled with sunflower seeds and other fresh ingredients. As an American Airlines member I also get 5 miles for every dollar spent. Plus free WiFi. Not bad.

Big City Diner, Kaimuki I like BCD because I can watch football while I work. They have great floats and because I'm not a diner food kind of gal, I usually order the salads. They don't have free access per se, but one of the workers did tell me the password to catch Cafe Laufer's signal after hours: it's "pastries." But shhhh don't tell anyone!

No comments: